Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to School!


Sadness again...my babe's back in school and in FIRST GRADE! We planned out the outfit, got the new bookbag ready and got clean. Woke up in the morning, drove to school, he held my hand (yes, he held my hand!! of course only until we got to the doors) and he stated "Mom, I'm soooo nervous." I had a little tear that wanted to come out but last year for kindergarten he asked me not to cry so I figured the same rule applied for this current year. We walked to his class line, he saw old teachers that remembered him, several friends and promptly announced that I "could leave now." His mother! The woman who bore him! Needless to say I made him endure the torture another 3 or 4 minutes (until 9am on the dot) just to prove that I was needed (to myself of course). Oh well...I suppose the day will come that he won't even want me to drop him off so I should be thankful for small things.

No comments: