Friday, February 27, 2009
The end of last week it was warm enough to wear just a sweater, the next day it was sunny, then it dumped another 4-6 inches of snow on us throughout the weekend.
This week it was frigid, then warm enough to thaw everything out and make it muddy, poured rain all yesterday and today the wind is so bitter cold and ferocious that I feel I may have moved to Alaska...What misery.
By Thursday morning, he complained of a sore throat and was still coughing, albeit still fake sounding. By Thursday afternoon when I picked him up from school, he was running a fever that reached about 102.5 before bedtime, even with medicine.
Needless to say I had to apologize for telling him he was faking the day before....My poor babe. He is so miserable it almost breaks your heart and I have coddled him all morning....
Friday, February 20, 2009
Needless to say, I became productive on Monday and painted the baby room! Barring a few things here and there (a rug, a non-girly lampshade, curtains, etc.) the room is ready and waiting for our new arrival. I am retaining the sewing skills of my dear mother so that she will help me seek and find material to make stupendous curtains and a table cover. While I plan to make the items on my own I do believe I need a little guidance. Soooo, those things aside, the room is ALMOST done! Yeah for me.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Welcome to my new niece, Chloe Rose! Seth and Joy just had their first baby born on Feb. 10th. I haven't been able to see her yet but am on my way to Ohio tonight! Isaiah was very exicted to know he is a big cousin again although his first comment was, "Aww maaan, there's gonna be girls all over. I'm gonna be the only boy and won't even know what to do! This was said in quite a funny manner and caused me to chuckle. I did remind him I was helping the cause but he would have to wait about 2 more months....Anyway, congrats Seth & Joy!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
As I prepare for my baby turning 7, I realize he is no longer my "baby" except when he wants to be or secretly in my head....Here are some things that have changed dramatically, sooner than I thought they would and probably should get them out so they don't hurt my feelings so much...
- He only wants to cuddle with me when he wants to, the rest of the time I hear "mom, you are kissing me too much" or just "mo-om..." (hear the exasparation)
- He looks around in the store before giving me a kiss, lest one of his friends see him...the terror!
- He doesn't want me to come to school and eat lunch with him because he might be embarrassed (yes he said this...well, he actually said he didn't think it would work because sometimes they just have too much paperwork to do during lunchtime...upon further inquiry and pressure he admitted he didn't want his friends to tease him because his mom came in to school). Eric did inform me he thought this was normal for boys because he didn't want his parents coming to school either. I told him it wasn't the same because
I am cooler and more hip.
- I'm not allowed to cry in front of people
- He chooses his own hair cut/style and sometimes feels pretty protective of his wardrobe choices.
- He can get his own cereal (actually this is a positive and saves me work...)
Okay, I think I am done. I wanted to get it out so I could profuse on all the positives tomorrow for his birthday!!!!!