Friday, February 20, 2009

Progress

A baby room. Initially I thought could find neutral things to go in what used to be our guest room and simply transition to baby room. Then a friend came over, I asked her opinion and unfortunately heard what I knew in the back of my mind. The beautiful (and quite extravagant and time comsuming paint job I had done in the "guest room" seven years previous was "a little girly" and " didn't quite go...").

Needless to say, I became productive on Monday and painted the baby room! Barring a few things here and there (a rug, a non-girly lampshade, curtains, etc.) the room is ready and waiting for our new arrival. I am retaining the sewing skills of my dear mother so that she will help me seek and find material to make stupendous curtains and a table cover. While I plan to make the items on my own I do believe I need a little guidance. Soooo, those things aside, the room is ALMOST done! Yeah for me.

No comments: