Monday, February 2, 2009

FEBRUARY!

We are now in the lovely month of February which brings with it Isaiah's birthday and typically alot more snow and cold weather. Would be disgusted with it except Isaiah's feelings would be hurt I am sure...

As I prepare for my baby turning 7, I realize he is no longer my "baby" except when he wants to be or secretly in my head....Here are some things that have changed dramatically, sooner than I thought they would and probably should get them out so they don't hurt my feelings so much...
  • He only wants to cuddle with me when he wants to, the rest of the time I hear "mom, you are kissing me too much" or just "mo-om..." (hear the exasparation)
  • He looks around in the store before giving me a kiss, lest one of his friends see him...the terror!
  • He doesn't want me to come to school and eat lunch with him because he might be embarrassed (yes he said this...well, he actually said he didn't think it would work because sometimes they just have too much paperwork to do during lunchtime...upon further inquiry and pressure he admitted he didn't want his friends to tease him because his mom came in to school). Eric did inform me he thought this was normal for boys because he didn't want his parents coming to school either. I told him it wasn't the same because
    I am cooler and more hip.
  • I'm not allowed to cry in front of people
  • He chooses his own hair cut/style and sometimes feels pretty protective of his wardrobe choices.
  • He can get his own cereal (actually this is a positive and saves me work...)

Okay, I think I am done. I wanted to get it out so I could profuse on all the positives tomorrow for his birthday!!!!!

No comments: