Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
We have much to be thankful for this Christmas. As many know I am out of a job as of January 1st and have spent much too much time dwelling on this. A good friend of mine sent me an email and reminded me that I am a "Kept person." My mouth has been "kept" shut, our bills have been "kept" paid, I have been "kept" sane (Eric too), we have been "kept" strong, etc. This email came at the time I needed it and the real reason for this season, the birth of Jesus, has meant that much more.
On to more superficial things...We had a wonderful time carrying on our own family traditions. We attended a gorgeous candlelight service at a church nearby, ordered a pizza from our favorite pizza place (we thank him every year for being open on Christmas Eve), and opened presents after reading the true Christmas story. Spent the rest of the night watching "The Christmas Story" and playing games together (which I won twice, Isaiah got too giggly from overload of sugar and lack of sleep, we had to call it a night). This morning Isaiah woke up to find his Christmas present from Santa under the tree and played with his new toys/gadgets. We spent the rest of the day with Eric's family and eagerly look forward to traveling to Ohio to be with my family. I am so thankful for Eric, Isaiah, the baby we are awaiting and our beautiful extended family and friends! To us a Child of Hope is born!

1 comment:

spiderwart said...

Karen, Eric told Greg and I about your blog when we were visiting over Christmas so tonight I finally got a chance to check it out. It's awesome! I love people who post lots of pictures and post frequently! I can't believe how big Isaiah has gotten, can he really be tht old? Jeb is adorable, I know they come with extra work and occasional gross-ness, but they are still sweet. Congrats on the new baby! We will be eagerly waiting new pics of him when the time comes. hope you guys had a great Christmas and blessings for all of you in the new year!
-Laura