Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Dog


So I thought maybe I should actually spend some time talking about "the dog." We have been the proud owners of a dog, named Jeb, for a couple of months now and let me say, it has been a slight trial for me. As many of you know, I am not really a "dog person" and I made some things very clear before jumping into the forays of being a "dog owner." Basically I will do nothing but make sure he has food and water. I will also agree to walk him occasionally if I happen to be going in that direction. I will not clean up poop, give baths or do any kind of training with him. What I FORGOT to add (or was blissfully ignorant of) was that this short-haired dog would shed more than I could ever imagine, would follow all of us around the house incessantly and would randomly vomit what appear to be furballs although I thought only cats did this.

This said, I have also found that I like him more than I would like to admit and he is wonderfully protective so I feel safe and secure. I do know that if someone tries to steal us, he will at least eat their arm first. I appreciate that fact. I can also admit that Isaiah adores Jeb and has been very good with his chores on taking care of him.


All in all, I guess maybe I will be a "Jeb-dog-person." The jury is still out on the complete committal but I'm getting there....

No comments: