Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Must they grow up?

Conversation had with Isaiah last week:

  • Mom, can I get my ear pierced?
  • (Mortification) Uhhhhh....no.
  • Why not?
  • Over my dead body.
  • But Tony and Luis have their ears pierced.
  • You're not Tony and Luis and unfortunately they have cooler parents. You could go
    live with them if you like. (Moritification again..only this time because I have just
    turned into Steve Troyer).
  • It's not fair. Can I get them pierced when I am 10?
  • Uhhhh....no. (Why would he think 10 was going to be a better age?) We can talk when
    you are 18.
  • How about 17? (Rational discussion ended at this point...)

He then informed me he had also asked Eric. Thankfully E also told him no. (whew...way to be on the same page!) Thank God for united parenting!!!

No comments: