Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2nd Grade!!

Today was the day my baby entered 2nd grade. Contrary to what I hear most parents say, I was a little more saddened to see him go after staying home with his this summer. I will miss the days with him.
This year came with a twist...long story short...we were okay with the current school Isaiah goes to but it only goes to second grade and in third he will go to a different school which Eric and I will NOT allow him to go to. Last minute (and I mean 4 days beforehand) we found out Isaiah was approved for a transfer to another elementary school. Sheesh. Nothing like a little frantic-ness to start off the year.
Isaiah and I walked through the school yesterday, met his teacher and of course had to check out the gym and library. Another change was that Isaiah will now ride a bus. He was nervous this morning and worried he wouldn't make any friends.
I picked him up this afternoon and he announced "I did like you told me. I was brave." He then informed me that he liked his teacher although she was meaner than he thought she would be, he made two friends (he can't remember either name of course) and his new gym teacher talked too much. Whew. I would say school started off just fine.

No comments: