Monday, August 24, 2009

Pointless Interviews

So I wasted much of my day today on a completely pointless interview and left just frustrated enough to feel like crying.

A long story short...I went on this interview with the gut feeling that it wasn't the position I applied for. It was a group interview, I asked to make sure it was for the postion I wanted and no one would give me an answer. I went because I can't really afford to not take the chance. I had to find a sitter for Quinn, had to drive a 1/2 hour each way and then sat through the first hour thinking I needed to figure out a way to get out of there without being rude or disrespectful. I knew more and had more experience than the lady interviewing all of us that was fresh out of college and has never worked in this environment. Argh.

Anyway, I was finally able to make my escape politely, drove home complaining to Eric and wondering why I want to work at all. Then I realized...I don't. I don't want to go back to work. I have learned how to define myself as a stay-at-home mom. I miss Isaiah now that he is in school and I enjoy Quinn (when I get sleep). But...alas, I must continue to search since as of yet, no one has offered to support us. :) One more year of school for Eric and then maybe I can again reconsider. Best said by Megan...Sigh. Sigh.

No comments: