Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New floor, new life...

It is done! We have been talking, hem-hawing, discussing and estimating the obtainment (is that really a word?) of a new kitchen floor since this January. I can't stand the old one; the old, nasty, 40 year old spotted vinyl flooring. I DON'T LIKE IT. It has become a slight obsession in the most disliked things in my home.

Anyway, we finally made the decision, picked the new flooring (no small task) and decided when to have it done. After much hassle, mis-measurements, special orders (of course), it is now DONE! I LOVE IT! It is fabulous, it rocks, I feel like I have a new home (at least for a little while). While everything was moved out, I also painted the office because that floor was part of the deal and now I have 2 new rooms! Yeah for me! I suppose it is sad that something so insignificant makes me so happy, but isn't it the little things that keep us going?

Eric's version: "Yeah, it's cool. I'm just glad it makes you happy."

No comments: