Saturday, June 20, 2009

Taking a Hit

Isaiah finished basketball camp this week. It was a simple camp for one hour a day for 4 days. The kids worked on basic bball skills and drills. On the second to last day the teams were running dribble relays when another boy crossed over out of his "lane" and slammed into Isaiah (really they slammed into each other). Isaiah took the hit like a pro, went airborn and slammed into the ground. While winded and unable to get up right away...after awhile he got up to clapping and had a pretty good bruised pec. I, being the perfect mother for an independent 7 year old, remained sitting calmly on the bleachers watching the coaches baby my baby. :( Yes, my instinct was to get up and run to him and make sure he was okay but I knew he would only tell me it was "embarrassing" and I figured I could baby him later (which I did). As soon as we were in the van it was imperative that I immediately "call my dad" so taht I could tell him about the "hit" he had taken.

Isaiah did learn a very important lesson out of all of this: you better keep your head up when dribbling.

1 comment:

Deeb said...

Lol! Thanks for blogging, I enjoy reading yours!! It's been awhile since I've seen yours, or even mine for that matter. Quinn is a cutie!! :)