Saturday, September 5, 2009

Florida...

West Palm Beach to be exact. The weekend before E started school, I left for a long weekend to go to WPB to visit one of my dear friends, Chris. WITHOUT KIDS! It was a wonderful time. We were able to spend girl time together, just talking, hanging on the beach, eating (okay sometimes she forgot to feed me but I quickly learned to make myself at home) and enjoying her son, Anthony (21 months) and her husband, Dan. Her mom made some killer food for us and I met their friend, AJ. For three nights I slept with NO disturbances! (okay...there was the slight disturbance of a 16 month old around 7-8am-ish in the morning...but that's better than 3 and unforunately I was already up!!!) It was awesome.

It was wonderful to reconnect and just relax. It is amazing to have a friend in life that together we can fill in any amount of time with talking and not run out of subjects. To know that no matter how much time passes, we can always pick up where we left off. To know that we can go years without seeing each other but she is only a call away and there aren't many secrets. To know that we have both grown from single, goin' out ladies to being wives and mothers and we are STILL friends. To know that there have been bumps along the road in our friendship but ultimately the bond hasn't changed. Freakin' fabulous. Love you Chris!

2 comments:

cgaleziewski said...

LOVE U TOO!!!!
ONE CORRECTION: ANTHONY IS 21 MONTHS, NOT 16-LOL! :)

The Chandler's said...

yeah. my bad. I completely added wrong in my head :(