Monday, November 2, 2009

Jobless No More

...okay, technically I have a job but don't start until December.

So...I will try to be concise:

last Friday: randomly receive phone call asking for interview
Monday: interview for 1st position
Monday afternoon: receive offer for this position, request time to talk it over with E
Tuesday: receive 2nd random phone call requesting interview in same company, different dept.
Wednesday: have interview with 2nd dept.
Thursday: lots of waiting
Friday morning: receive offer for 2nd position and ACCEPT!
Later Friday morning: off to my fabulous Old Navy sale feeling very good :)

So more on the story is that I would have enjoyed the 1st position offered but it was a supervisory position (I do love being in charge :) :) :) ) so there would have been more stress involved with scheduling and covering shifts. I was freaking out a little because I don't want to go back to work. Then I received the 2nd offer. This position will be a little more flexible, more money, it's pretty autonomous and it feels like it will work better for our family.

God does work in mysterious ways. There was a reason I was freaking out and feeling unsure. God opened another door. While I still don't want to go to work, unfortunately this isn't an option. Unemployment is going to eventually run out, jobs are few and far between and E needs to finish school. I do not want to leave my boys and am struggling immensely with this. I have enjoyed this time more than I can even begin to tell you. I LOVE BEING AT HOME! BUT. I do believe God is making a way...He had the timing worked out. He had a plan. He allowed us to make it this long when I never thought we would be able to. I will have had eight months with Quinn and 11 months with Isaiah. Nothing is going to make leaving my boys any easier. That said, I feel a peace about the job decision and at this point I think that is the most I can hope for.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to hear about the job. I'm sure it will make life a little more hectic for you!

Erin said...

so what's the job???? congrats :)