Sunday, November 1, 2009

Old Navy or Bust

On Friday (the 30th) I had quite the whopping day. All week I had been waiting for the sale of all sales. The first 50 customers to Old Navy (love it) would receive 50% off (of everything!). I just knew I could do it. This is why I wasn't working...God allowed me to be available and present just for this kind of sale. He knows I am financially challenged and that my son needs a new winter coat! My plan was to leave at 9:15a to get there in plenty of time.

The morning started well...Quinn and I were on a schedule and it was working. At 9:10am (of course) I received a phone call. I was OFFERED A JOB! (1st great thing to happen) Actually that is another story so will come later. Anyway, couldn't rush the HR man off the phone so ended up leaving later than planned. Pulled up to ON with 5 minutes to spare and a view of a million people standing in line outside the doors. By this time a light sprinkle had started and I decided that since I wasn't going to be the first 50 I would wait in the car with Quinn. Then I rethought and figured by the time I got the babe out of the car and walked up there it would be almost time to go in. So, got everything out (including Q) and lugged our happy selves to the line. The lady was walking down the line handing out cloth bags...I was the LAST ONE to receive a bag. I WAS THE 50th CUSTOMER! (2nd great thing to happen) Yee-haw for me! Woo-hoo and all that! Could the day get any better?! I was a sale hunter!

Anyway, a couple of hours later and I was a happy lady. Q was not so happy but it was time he took one for the team. I went for two main items, a winter coat for Isaiah and a sweater I had been eye-balling for longer than I would like to tell you. I got both (and some Christmas shopping).(3rd great thing to happen) AND, not only did I get the 50% off but everything was marked on sale! It was quite the stupendous morning.

1 comment:

Deeb said...

nothing feels better than something on sale!! You go Karen!! :) lol