Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ode to Isaiah


Isaiah loves taking pictures. He had a camera which, for the life of any of us, cannot be found. Anyway, randomly cleaning the office a month ago I found our old camera that we thought no longer worked (in our defense it didn't work at one point) but somehow now works?!??!!? So I gave it to Isaiah. He now continually takes pictures. And I do mean continually. He takes them of the most random things and events. He takes a million of the same thing. His newest thing is he acts as though he is a spy and takes pictures from every angle from where he is hiding and thinks we don't know he is there. He does this mainly with Quinn who I'm pretty sure has no idea what is going on other than his brother is running around (thinking he is quiet but isn't) taking pictures and giggling to himself.

When the memory card is full I load the pics on the computer and he deletes them off the camera and it starts over again. As I was looking through them this time I realized he really does take some good pictures. He also takes some very unflattering ones (which I didn't include :) ) and he takes really random ones....much more random than I even thought. For example, he had a picture of every angle and every item in his room. He has more self-portraits of himself with everyone and everything than you can imagine. This he got from his father...word of advice, never let your camera sit un-tended with Eric around).

So I decided to put a little slide show together of some of his most recent photography. He really is very creative and I hope this encourages him to continue being unique and random and inspired and observant. I love you Isaiah!

2 comments:

Tom and Dori said...

That's awesome. You ought to put a selection of his photos into a specific folder, link it to your Facebook account, then you could view them in a fullscreen slideshow from the Xbox360. It'd be a pretty cool way to display his work when you have visitors over.

Erin said...

Tell Isaiah I loved his slide show!