Thursday, March 12, 2009

1st Grade Music Program

Isaiah had his frist grade Music program this past Monday evening. I desparately wanted to attach a video of Isaiah's exuberance (okay, or complete lack of) so that you could receive the full effect but I still can't seem to figure out how to do it. What you get instead is two pictures; one of him smiling after the singing and one of the crossing of his eyes. Although he looks as though he is angry, he is not and just felt the need to cross his eyes while singing and in between songs. He had quite a few people laughing around us and me slightly mortified but what do you do about it?!?!?!

I assumed this shyness was his father's genes coming through but Eric informed me he was a ham and used to sing so loudly that his teacher would let him know she could hear him just fine. Just imagine Eric being "that kid!" I find that quite amusing and it certainly brings a smile to my face...

Anyway, I figure it may be enough to save these videos forever and show them to every girlfriend he may ever bring home. He did sing nicely with the hand motions if not a little shyly. When asked about his lack of committal he responded, "I'm shy sometimes" and also informed us that the teacher sang so fast and "sooo many songs" that he didn't have time to breathe. Oh...first graders....

2 comments:

Erin said...

awh..... i like the first pic with the eyes crossed, too funny.

LISA LYNNE said...

Oh my word the first picture is hilarious. He looks so angry! Also hilarious is the image of little Eric singing his exuberant heart out. Thanks for sharing this!