Friday, March 27, 2009

American Idol

I am finally succumbing to the need of expressing my opinion (yes, shocker to most of you that I have held it in this long...), as un-wanted as it may be and I hope with all hope that those AI fanatics (namely Erin) will read it and respond.

This is it in a nutshell...I have no idea how they even HAVE an AI this year! Allison is the ONLY one with unbridled talent. Anoop and Kris were hanging by a thread and barely I might add. Out of the rest, several of them can't even carry a tune. How do you make it on AI if you sing through your nose, constantly sing in a flat pitch and do they have a show stylist? Yes, these are just questions, but I believe they are pertinent ones when a show is supposed to be based on talent and talent alone.

Those of you new to this frenzy of opinions, should know that I had stopped watching this show about 3 years ago because I would get so fired up about the skewed voting process. I was conned into watching it again this year by all of Erin and Kevin's posts that made me want to express my opinions boldly. Now I am watching and angry all over again at the complete waste of time this show is. This knowledge fighting against the struggle that I need to know that I am right in my opinions of how badly all but possibly 3 of the singers stink!

I am done now. I may update next week but my rant for this one is over. Whew.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are right about Allison, she is awesome. She might be my favorite. As much as I can't tolerate Adam, his performance this week was dynamite, and he'll be in it till the end. I keep wanting Anoop to be better because he's so likable. But I love how fired up you are!!

The Chandler's said...

Thanks for the back-up! :) Just waiting for the wrath of Erin....

LISA LYNNE said...

I am with you. I vowed last year that if David Archuleta (sp?) won I would never watch the show again because I was getting so sick of the interesting and talented people not winning. He didn't win so I am back. But seriously. I think the format of the show leads to their failures in some regards. Last year there was a great artist on but his style just didn't lend itself to a bunch of hackneyed musical themes. The process was exhausting to be forced to come up with new and original takes on music each and every week when they trot them around like show ponies. Now I'm ranting.

But don't you love Danny Gokey? A little?

Erin said...

here I am!! Ok, i'm a tad idol obsessed (hey we all have/need our guilty pleasures), and have watched every season... I gotta say I don't think this group is any better or worse than previous seasons -- usually a few "duds" are in the top 12 -- Sanjaya, Kristy lee Cook, that Haley girl a few seasons ago. And every week being a required genre doesn't help those that are really only good at singing one type of song.

Anyway, that's not the point. I <3 anoop, though i'm not sure why. I liked him better when he was a worse singer and more entertaining (mj week). Allison and Adam are the best 2 vocalists, Danny and Lil are the two mose overrated contestants in the history of the show, and Megan is one of the worse to make it this far (again, reminiscent of Kristi Lee Cook making it to the top 7? last year... hot girl factor, i guess).

yay idol! I have no wrath...if you were a danny lover i might...i can't stand him. I agree that allison is awesome. I'm a tad suprised you show no love for Adam.

longest comment ever, sorry!

The Chandler's said...

LOVE the longest comment ever! :) No,sorry Lisa, not really a fan of Danny either although I will say I like him MUCH MUCH MORE than I do Matt. Erin, "Smarmy" was the perfect word to describe both of them.